Search - User list
Full Version: background image hides geometry
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » background image hides geometry
Alfieb
Hi,

Brand new apprentice here with a problem with the orthographicp lane and background images.

when i apply a background image using the D menu the image appears over the geometry no matter how i move it, i have tried with auto place image on and off, also the constructon plane appears over the geometry as well so that i can see the grid over the objects, this is really off putting is there anyway to stop this?

Thanks
miklem
I have the same problem. Looks like this is a videocard problem. Which one do you use? I`m on radeon *fingerdown*
Alfieb
Yeah … maya has a fit with ATI cards as well it looks like. im using a HD Radeon 6870 myself … hopefully there is a fix for this because i urgently need to learn this for a major
Alfieb
Miklem try pressing O to toggle the orthographic/perspective function it works some what for me its not perfect but it gets there
miklem
Alfieb, thanks, but it doesn`t help much. Would I buy amd cards again? NEVER.
Alfieb
has no one from houdini got an answer to this? it would appear that this industry in terms of its programs favours nvidia over ati, i have nothing against ati and love them so far but it would appear that i will need new nvidia cards … expensive way to fix this … especially if its wrong

seriously this could be a game breaker for me, i really need an answer, if this forum cant provide it could someone point me in the right direction please
malexander
Try using the Catalyst 12.1 or earlier driver. The problem has only shown up in more recent drivers.
Alfieb
ok ill give it a try, is there any word on a fix for this besides rolling back the drivers?
Alfieb
hi guys, just letting you all know that version 12.1 doesnt work but earlier versions do!

thanks for the tip twod
airbornejon@yahoo.com
Alfieb
hi guys, just letting you all know that version 12.1 doesnt work but earlier versions do!

thanks for the tip twod

Hello Alfie,

which driver did you go with and what operating system? what version of Houdini? I have the 6870OC and am having some graphics issues with Houdini in Mountain Lion.
Sadjad Rabiee
I had too many problems in Maya, Houdini,Linux with ATI too !

I think it's just good for game not 3D !

I like nvidia VGA and suggest to you buy GTX series
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.