Search - User list
Full Version: Maya Make Live
Root » Houdini Lounge » Maya Make Live
Mikael_Amion
Is there anything similar to Maya Make Live? I searched through previous threads but didnt come up with anything. Basically what i want to do is being able to snap my curvepoints onto the surface. Ive tried all snap options but maybe im missing something. Im not looking for project curves on surface..im looking for a way to draw curves on surface in realtime.
george
Hello,

I think what you are looking for is Primitive Snap in Houdini. In the viewport, hit Ctrl-k and increasing the Primitive priority (defaults to zero), also lower the Geo point priority to zero. Close the Snap Options window and hit Ctrl-j to enable snapping (the snap icon in the top right corner should change). Now ‘tab’ a new Curve and start drawing on your primitives.

Hope that helps.

George.
Mikael_Amion
It did help. Thanks a lot george
Simon
Sorry for the dumb question but why is snapping a curve in Maya called Maya Make Live? :?
goldfarb
it's not really anything to do with snapping curves…Maya's ‘make live’ would, in Houdini terms, be like using arbitrary geometry as the construction plane…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.