Search - User list
Full Version: What's a protected asset?
Root » The Orbolt Smart 3D Asset Store » What's a protected asset?
compositor
Protected assets prohibit users from diving into the network.
The protected/open status of an asset is visible when you mouse over the download button. An open lock indicates that you can dive into the asset and see how it's made.

http://www.orbolt.com/faq/question/27/difference-between-protected-and-open-assets [orbolt.com]
eyevex
quick question about this…. as I am still working out some hiccups before I am planning upload, forgive me if this is incredibly obvious..

I notice there a lock icon for each, trial, noncom, and commerical – does this mean each can have a different status? If so should that be allowed? - as then anyone could bypass paying for a commercial pay ver and just reassemble the asset from the open versions? or does the icon just appear 3 times always showing the same status?

EDIT: to clarify – I motice the mocap asset s is open for commercial purpose, so apparenty they dont have to be all the same, I suppose the question of more can it now?/should it be? ok for the opposite and unlocked noncom with a locked commercial o nthe same asset.
whythisname
When you upload an asset there are some options to protect the asset, but afaik the only options are to have it all locked, unlocked or have the paid versions unlocked while the free version isn't.

So you can lock the trial and apprentice version, but leave the commercial version open for editing for example. It's a sort of cascade where more expensive versions can be left open while everything below that gets locked.
compositor
Actually we added the ability to lock a free asset with the last update.

http://www.orbolt.com/faq/question/44/we-now-support-compiling-free-assets [orbolt.com]

Please check it out and let us know if this works for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.