Search - User list
Full Version: microscopic wires
Root » Work in Progress » microscopic wires
milospejak
Hi community

Here is a finished piece (not so much a wip). Let me know what you think feedback is always appreciated.

used wire solver and orbolt x-ray shader
neil_math_comp
Very nice! I keep meaning to figure out how to make spaghetti; any advice on how to create a nice bundle of wires? Also, if you want to avoid the bits that are extremely thin, you could add a small constant to the that random thickness, so it'd have that as a minimum width.
milospejak
Thank you! and good advice.

Sure, so in short i created a set of wires. used an expression to animate them in y direction. threw them through a dopnetwork using wireobject, wire solver. at the end of the dop network i threw down a vortex force. In the “vortexforcecreateattrbiute” I used wave motion effects in the radius to get interesting formations played with the velocities and contour range.

you should really look at sams noodledefromer hip http://ihoudini.blogspot.com/2009/09/wire-solver-and-wire-deformer.html [ihoudini.blogspot.com]

Thats how i started. All in all its in the vortex force.

Like to see what you come up with!
milospejak
Thank you! and good advice.

Sure, so in short i created a set of wires. used an expression to animate them in y direction. threw them through a dopnetwork using wireobject, wire solver. at the end of the dop network i threw down a vortex force. In the “vortexforcecreateattrbiute” I used wave motion effects in the radius to get interesting formations played with the velocities and contour range.

you should really look at sams noodledefromer hip http://ihoudini.blogspot.com/2009/09/wire-solver-and-wire-deformer.html [ihoudini.blogspot.com]

Thats how i started. All in all its in the vortex force.

Like to see what you come up with!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.