Search - User list
Full Version: My first things made in Houdini
Root » Work in Progress » My first things made in Houdini
neil_math_comp
I'm fairly new to Houdini, and I wanted to use it for an educational series on YouTube I've been meaning to make for a while. When I heard about the YouTube Next EDU Guru competition, I made it a goal to submit a first episode for that.

That has a deadline of October 1st, so I had to cut a bunch of corners to get it ready, but I've got a couple RBD sims, a Pyro sim, and some miscellaneous other things in there, rendered with Mantra. For the future episodes, I'll have to increase the resolution, probably use caustics for proper refraction in the logo, and I'll be trying to make a bunch more diagrams in Houdini. Also, if anyone has any good ideas to make an equation asset, that'd be extremely helpful, 'cause making them symbol by symbol is very slow.

Here it is: You can solve the Schrödinger equation - Your Science [youtube.com]. Apologies for the low volume!
rafaels
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!
You're completely insane and I'm loving it!!!!!!
Thanks, man, I'm an avid subscriber to your youtube channel from now on!

Cheers
neil_math_comp
Thanks!

I had to tone down the insanity a bit, because when I tried to start a low-budget educational series a few years back, most people actually felt really uncomfortable watching, e.g. they'd be afraid someone might walk in and see them watching it, haha. :wink: That said, I'm still considering doing the programming videos in the style of Bob Ross, the Joy of Painting guy.
rafaels
ndickson
Thanks!

I had to tone down the insanity a bit, because when I tried to start a low-budget educational series a few years back, most people actually felt really uncomfortable watching, e.g. they'd be afraid someone might walk in and see them watching it, haha. :wink: That said, I'm still considering doing the programming videos in the style of Bob Ross, the Joy of Painting guy.

Well, I thought it was awesome and engaging… and I think you should consider high school teaching or tutoring! Just saying…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.