Search - User list
Full Version: Remove orbolt from system
Root » The Orbolt Smart 3D Asset Store » Remove orbolt from system
Dronson
Can i completely remove orbolt plugin and any scripts from my system (win7)?

I see constaly create directory “asset_story” in $HOME/houdini12.1/ and directly access to browser and orbolt site from houdini. But houdini have “administrator-level” permission on my system. i dont want allow orbolt plugin have “administrator-level” permission.

I like orbolt idea but on currently stage its very baggy and not transparency app on my opinition. May be later.

Thankyou
compositor
Actually, there is nothing Orbolt-specific to uninstall. It's not a separate app or plug-in or anything. If you don't want to, don't use the features. If you find a bug, simply report it to support@orbolt.com so we can fix it.

That being said, we certainly hope that we'll get the right mix of assets and functionality to capture your imagination. Please check on us periodically and let us know how we're doing.
eyevex
Although I definitely agree the external browsers over isnt great… Not %100 the prob, it sounds like a system configuration issue more than a houdini one…

Not sure of the OS, or why H12 would need to run in as admin at all, but typically (unless you are using old versions of windows) users arent usually admins all the time. The norm and even having been a admin in multiuser env myself in windows and *nix, is to have an account with slightly elevated group privilege that cant do too much dangerous and than a account with real “admin” privileges that only get su/sudo or “switched” into, for task as needed to minimize contamination.

Is there a reason H12 needs to run with high privileges? If not maybe you could work privileges dumbing via running it as another user? I wonder if the variable holding the browser launch command can be run with different permissions (although Im guessing the login might bust then)

if your *nix maybe this man page can help stitch something better?

http://linux.die.net/man/8/sudo [linux.die.net]

best of luck, but it doesn't sound like it should be impossible to do, and more a system config/accounts thing.
oblongowl
I have tried to use Orbolt twice on a Mac OSX through Safari and on a Irix fedora core system.

Neither times have i ever managed to download anything successfully.
It is incredibly hard to penetrate and try to identify why it will not work as the interface is so plug in and friendly (NOT) .
Is there some kind of tutorial or demo or key points that perhaps I am missing ??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.