Search - User list
Full Version: Some render from the last few weeks!
Root » Work in Progress » Some render from the last few weeks!
vleermeneer
PyroFX 2 explosion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcQ94jVbZEc&list=UUZXUssGSY19udsDX5L20A5g&index=1&feature=plcp [youtube.com]

I was playing around with some custom velocity for fuel emission + trying some stuff with the pyro shader.

And a FLIP fluids simulation render:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqVniDdjfNE [youtube.com]

My goal for this render was to get down the render time ALOT, in the end the render time was 10 mins a frame for 1280x720.. theres also another 10 mins a frame for a seperate caustics pass.
XAPKOHHEH
about the explosion:
can you please give some detail on maximum grid size? Or maybe even on simulation and render settings?
milospejak
Also could you talk a little about the caustic pass?
vleermeneer
XAPKOHHEH
about the explosion:
can you please give some detail on maximum grid size? Or maybe even on simulation and render settings?

Sorry it was a while time ago, I deleted this project so I have more space for newer ones.. but I kinda know the render settings, I used a volume depth of 1, 3x3 pixel samples, stochastic transparancy 4 samples, and noise level was turned all the way down.

This way I got fast render times and nearly no noise!

milospejak
Also could you talk a little about the caustic pass?

For the caustics I created a caustic light, set it to 10.000.000 photon count, I set my water mesh to photon target and for the light mask I created a spot light. Then I created a mantra node with 2x2 samples and in the objects tab, I used the ground, teapots, and tube for candidates and used the water for forced phantom object. In the candidate lights I only used the caustic light and and my caustic key light (spot light I was talking about earlier)

I hope this makes some things clear, be glad to awnser more questions..
XAPKOHHEH
stohastic transperancy? so you used PBR? I thought it only works with it
old_school
Stochastic Transparency works with raytracing and PBR. Just not micropolygon scan line rendering.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.