Search - User list
Full Version: USGS satelite data
Root » Houdini Learning Materials » USGS satelite data
twelveplusplus
I would love to see a tutorial on bringing satelite data into Houdini. That could be super useful for many projects.

12++
nran
i have seen one actually, ^_^
xiondebra
nran
i have seen one actually, ^_^
I wrote a SOP(s) to ingest, process and render data from the Mars Odyssey Gamma Ray Spectrometer. It's from H9.5 but I can send it to you if you'd like.

–Mark
goldfarb
do you mean DEMs etc?

for other stuff this might be helpful(?)
http://www.cmivfx.com/tutorials/view/233/Houdini+XML+Based+Procedural+Cities [cmivfx.com]
twelveplusplus
@nran: where did u see the tutorial? this would be really useful for something I am doing.

@xionmark: I would love to see that sop!

Yes, I am talking about Dem data (ithink that is what it is called). There is a website where you can select an area and download data. I am just not totally sure how to get it into a format that Houdini can use.

I do need to have a look at that cmi video, although I am right now trying to get data for Malibu, so I am really just interested in hills not cities.

Thanks for all the responses, ya'll

12++
anon_user_63541013
It teaches how to interpret data in Houdini using python so it's worth a look up, you can do it in python, so watching it will teach you how to do python under Houdini, instead you could look at their python tut if a maybe isn't worth the money.
twelveplusplus
oh, actually i have a subscription to cmivfx; so, i'll definitely check that one out. heh, they have so many videos it's sometimes difficult to know what to learn first.

Thank ya'll, for pointing me towards that one, I'm sure it will be helpful for what I am doing.

12++
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.