Search - User list
Full Version: Houdini newbie: Pyro FX help
Root » Houdini Learning Materials » Houdini newbie: Pyro FX help
Danny Popovic
Hi there, sorry if I sound like a newbie to Houdini, but I am, as well as a newbie to VFX in general.

I have a bit of a problem with a series of explosions I'm trying to create in Houdini. It's a series of 3 explosions, each going off 6 frames from eachother. I decided to work on the first explosion by itself to get the look I was going for, and did achieve that. Each explosion is made of particles, that were then made into particlefluidsurfaces. I then added PyroFX to each particlefluidsurface. In an attempt to recreate the look of the first explosion I copied all attributes from smoke object node, and pyrosolver node of each the first explosion with the look I'm trying to achieve to the other explosions. However, I just can't seem to achieve that first look on the other 2 explosions. Any suggestions? I've attached an image, just a crappy render, but the explosion on the far right is the look I'm going for, while the 2 to the left just won't take on that appearance. I've also attached the .hip file as well.

Thanks for the help
Danny Popovic
Nevermind, found out the problem. Forgot to set the other 2 explosions to make sdf from geometry.

Thanks though
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.