Search - User list
Full Version: New user, quick question.
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » New user, quick question.
Bluetech77
Greetings. After 11 years as a touring musician, I'm finally diving into motion and visuals work.

I bought Cinema 4d, played with Maya, tried a bunch of programs, but Houdini is definitely the software for me. Bought Apprentice HD and loving all of the amazing tutorials so far. I'm excited to jump in and get my feet wet, and it appears that this is a really robust and helpful community.

I have one simple question. The html help files are very well organized and helpful, but clicking on examples doesn't seem to do anything? Am I missing something here?

Evan
www.bluetechonline.com
buki
Hi, it should put an asset or subnet at the scene level, sometimes on top of an existing node, you can dive in and examine a very well documented example.
anon_user_37409885
If they still don't appear then, you can dig them out: On OsX they are:

/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/13.0.366/Resources/houdini/help/examples/

Just replace the Houdini version number with your current installation.
Bluetech77
I must have just been impatient. Tried it again, and it took 30-40 seconds, but the example file finally loaded.

Thanks!
buki
hmm, it should load right away
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.