Search - User list
Full Version: [HDK] - allowFinishWithExistingSelection(false)
Root » Technical Discussion » [HDK] - allowFinishWithExistingSelection(false)
Anonymous
Where I should call this function?

When I create selector inside newSelector() I get PI_SelectorTemplate, so to access this function I need to cast it to MSS_ReusableSelector and then set. But if I set it to false, it doesn't work and my SOP still uses existing selection.
Another place where I can access this function would be constructor, but it also doesn't work if I set it there.

Any help???
Anonymous
Still can't figure out this one. Anyone?
malexander
What this means, is that when you finish making a selection, the selector should not exit. You can continue to make selections with the selector. I don't think it applies to what you want to do. Maybe try allowQuickSelect(false) instead.
Anonymous
Nope, it also doesn't work. What worked is

setAllowUseExistingSelection(false);
Anonymous
twod
What this means, is that when you finish making a selection, the selector should not exit. You can continue to make selections with the selector.

I don't get this. If selector doesn't exist how can I continue to make selections with it?
malexander
I don't get this. If selector doesn't exist how can I continue to make selections with it?

I'm just reporting the comment above the method in the header It does report the selector used by the Select state as an example of this.
Anonymous
twod
I'm just reporting the comment above the method in the header

Anyway, thanks for jumping in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.