Search - User list
Full Version: How to render using animated background
Root » Technical Discussion » How to render using animated background
aplink
Hello World again,

I am still struggling in rendering my animated obj using movie clip as background. I tried render by inserting the movie clip into the background image of the camera. It did not work. I started playing the movie right before starting rendering. It did not work. Can any one help me again with the step by step instruction?
Thanks world.
Steve
circusmonkey
First thing, can you load an animated clip ? like a QT file in Houdini , what format is it ?, does Houdini accept it ? . If not can you render out frames and using $F to read in the sequence. First port of call should be the help docs.

Rob
aplink
Sorry for not getting back to you earlier.
The movie clip format that I want to use as background of my animation is mp4 . I already put it in the camera as a background image.
I still can not render the movie clip as a background for my animated obj.
Please help me further. Thank you very much in advance.
Steve
aplink
can you render out frames and using $F to read in the sequence

How can I do it ? Can you help me step by step. I am a beginner. Thanks
Steve
anon_user_37409885
A good way to do this is to open your mp4 in Quicktime 7 Player and use the Export command from the file menu. Then choose Movie to Image Sequence. Once your .MP4 is images then you can put them into the background of the camera and render it out in Houdini

Steps are:

Download QT 7 player from here:
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL923?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US [support.apple.com]

Open the MP4 in Quicktime Player 7 and from the File menu select Export, from the dialog box choose, Movie to Image Sequence.

Once the files are exported, it can take a long time if it's a long movie, in Houdini you put those images into the background of the camera.

On the Camera properties panel load the images into Background Image and make sure the 'Enable Background Image' box is checked.

Hope that helps, and, good luck!

edit: BTW if this works, print it out and stick it on the wall. You've asked this question before a few years ago This time we will get it to work!

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&p=115350&highlight=#115350 [sidefx.com]
aplink
WOW !!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TREMENDOUS HELP.
I will try it soon and let you know how it goes.
This is great gift to me.
By the way, I have Qtime version 10 only would that still work or I have to down load the version 7 ? I realized that I need QT 7 not the regular version.
The QT i have does not have the EXPORT under File menu.

Steve
anon_user_37409885
Yes, Quicktime 10 will still work fine.

It's just another player that has more options.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.