Search - User list
Full Version: Deform curve along the tangent problem...
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » Deform curve along the tangent problem...
xukca
Hi, I want to build a deformer, which moves all points along the curve, till all of them reach point 0. So I calculate the tangent (which I feed into the normal for convinience..) and it works fine untill every point matches the next corresponding point position. (The thing is, the tangent does not get automatically recalculated). So my idea was to plug this into a for each sop, so it gets iterratively calculated thus enabling “incremental execution” of the “algorithm”, but it still doesnt work ( the documentation for the for each loop does not cover the “for each NUMBER” option pretty well :roll: ).

Any tips are most welcome, thanks!
mawi
xukca
Hi, I want to build a deformer, which moves all points along the curve, till all of them reach point 0. So I calculate the tangent (which I feed into the normal for convinience..) and it works fine untill every point matches the next corresponding point position. (The thing is, the tangent does not get automatically recalculated). So my idea was to plug this into a for each sop, so it gets iterratively calculated thus enabling “incremental execution” of the “algorithm”, but it still doesnt work ( the documentation for the for each loop does not cover the “for each NUMBER” option pretty well :roll: ).

Unclick merge result and check apply to points.

Im not sure what you are trying to do, but do you know about the carve SOP?
xukca
mawi
xukca

Unclick merge result and check apply to points.

Im not sure what you are trying to do, but do you know about the carve SOP?

Hi, I'll try your suggestion, when I get on my PC tomorrow. I know about the carve SOP, but the idea is that I need actually moving points (want to calculate some velocities). AND I need even spacing between the points (The moving point of the carve sop is destroying the even distance)
Thanks for replying
Sadjad Rabiee
Yes the Best way is to use Carve SOP , But if you wanna move your points instead of delete them via Carve SOP , you should use Resample SOP after Carve.

Also I checked your project file , You have very simpler way for computing Normals along curve , you can add “edge_dir” vector with Point SOP !

One of the impressive feature of the Houdini is : Give you too many way to approach your idea 8)
xukca
Oh well, I looked at all suggestions, and all of them actually do what I need. Thanks a lot guys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.