Search - User list
Full Version: always looking through new light?
Root » SI Users » always looking through new light?
fuat
still being a noob in H, i wonder why every time i put a new light into my scene i am looking through it - until i navigate once in my scene and let go space bar - then i turn back into cam view.
my fault?
missing something?
has to be like that?

thanks
fuat
buki
press on that camera icon with a little lock on the right toolbar (second from top), when you finish tweaking, disable it.
old_school
If you hold down Ctrl and press a light or camera, yes that light or camera will inherit your current view.

If you just press any of the camera and light tools from the shelf, tab-type any light or camera in the viewport, you then have to place the light in the scene and orient it to suit.

Which option are you using? The description is lacking.
fuat
hi Jeff,
yes you´re right, i forgot to mention that i did (as always) hold down Ctrl
while creating a new light (as i usually do with new geo, too).
so my lack of knowledge - but now i know.
thank you very much.
fuat
old_school
Yeah I think every tut out there uses the Ctrl-tool_press to add a camera and a light. I can see why you asked the question.
fuat
that´s one reason i think, and another one i guess is maybe that one is used to have every newely generated object (no matter what kind of) in the origin.
at least i am.
and afaik H is the only tool offering the opportunity to place an object anywhere in the scene when creating it, isnt it?

fuat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.