Search - User list
Full Version: How to seperate parts of object for RBD sim?
Root » Houdini Learning Materials » How to seperate parts of object for RBD sim?
anon_user_21411066
I created this tower that consists of many parts. For the RBD sim, I would like these parts to be treated as individual parts but I don't know how to do that. I already appended a connectivity SOP to give each part an individual indentifying value but so far the sim doesn't take these values into account.
sl0throp
There are several things that I notices that are wrong here and maybe you should just use the shelf tools for some things. (I can fix your file later if you need but my machines are tied up at the moment)

In the connectivity sop you should specify the local variable as $CLASS and append a partition sop. in the partition sop you can specify something like piece$CLASS to separate your pieces.

The next major thing is that you seem to have chosen rbd object when you want rbd fractured object.

ALL this said you could learn about creating packed primitives, that would make the solution above more elegant.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.