Search - User list
Full Version: AddSop - enable all points at once?
Root » SI Users » AddSop - enable all points at once?
fuat
is there any way? or do i have to enable every added point one by one?
i assume there´s a way, no two ways, but i missed both of them.

thanks
fuat
tamte
Windows/Parameter Spreadsheet
drag&drop your node in there, choose Add Node
to Parm Mask write: usept*
(so it filters only point enable parameters)
click on the row's name to highlight all the checkboxes and click any of them to enable/disable them all
fuat
works like a charm, thank you very much Thomas.
but now that i know, i wanna understand what i did (new to Houdini):

1. when hovering mouse-over the checkbox tick in the params, i realized that the tick´s param (corret me if i am wrong and its not a param) is called “usept” - but what does that stand for?
2. in general, is there any overwiew of all those params so i dont have to mouse-over and let go all the entries ony by one? or is this unneccesary to do?
i checked the help but couldnt find any.

thanks again
fuat | AixSponza

EDIT: i had an inspiration - it stands for “use point”. tadaa.
but question #2 still remains…
mandrake0
the tip from tamte:
the usept* is a filter expression that means it will show all the parameter value from the node with this parametername.

this case: usept0, usept1, usept2, usept3 ……

you can hover over with the mouse the activate / deactivate parameter from the point and you will see the parametername usept0 or a other value.

2. select node and RMB => Edit Parameter interface there are the parameters in the Parentheses or RMB => Animatable Parameters
fuat
mandrake0
the tip from tamte:
the usept* is a filter expression that means it will show all the parameter value from the node with this parametername.

this case: usept0, usept1, usept2, usept3 ……

you can hover over with the mouse the activate / deactivate parameter from the point and you will see the parametername usept0 or a other value.

2. select node and RMB => Edit Parameter interface there are the parameters in the Parentheses or RMB => Animatable Parameters

thank you, mandrake.
the first one i found out already like mentioned, and for the second answer, i didnt know the animatable params. good to know.
fuat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.