Search - User list
Full Version: Parameter List and SOPs
Root » Houdini Lounge » Parameter List and SOPs
jason_iversen
Hi SESI,all,

I have a Parameter List docked on the side of my viewport (like I saw you do) and the viewport is set to follow the viewport context. In the Objects context, if I select an object its AutoScope'd parameters show up correctly in the Parm List. If I dive into the SOP network, none of the Autoscope'd SOP parms show up. Also, when I pop back up to the Object context, the Parm List clears out.

How many of these are intended or bugs in Jason or in Houdini?

Houdini 7.0.192.

Thanks,
Jason
JColdrick
Not sure if there's some special meaning of the word “docked” - you mean just sitting in the corner, right - not some new fancy option I'm missing?

the viewport is set to follow the viewport context

Do you mean the params are set to follow the vp?

If I dive into the SOP network, none of the Autoscope'd SOP parms show up. Also, when I pop back up to the Object context, the Parm List clears out.

I have a floating Parameter window set to follow context ‘1’, and the viewport is the same. I also ensure that Pane/Linking/Link as Parent *isn't* set. I'm able to select objects on the obj level in the VP and the param follows, can dive down into SOPs, still there, come back up, still following.

I'm running 7.0.221 - possible something was fixed - more likely there's some other combination of settings that you have different than me.

Cheers,

J.C.
jason_iversen
I have a floating Parameter window set to follow context ‘1’, and the viewport is the same. I also ensure that Pane/Linking/Link as Parent *isn't* set. I'm able to select objects on the obj level in the VP and the param follows, can dive down into SOPs, still there, come back up, still following.

Sorry - I mean Parameter List - the window in the “Channel List” Pane (you can toggle this with the “z” key over the Channel List Pane). It lists the AutoScope'd parameters for the selected node(s). However if you go in as far as SOPs, it won't list AutoScope'd SOP parameters - only Objects. In fact it won't do POPs or COPs either. Is this a bug or a design choice?

ps. I am trying with 7.0.224 and no luck,
JColdrick
Well, you're farther along than me - I can't even get that functionality. All new to me. All I can find is “Tie Selection to Global Selection”, which doesn't have any apparent effect on anything.

From the sounds of it, though, what you're describing sounds like an incomplete implementation, little doubt.

Cheers,

J.C.
Ondrej
Auto-scoping only currently works for objects. I'll let someone else comment on the reasons for this (if any).

I would call the parm list clearing out when jumping back to the object level a bug, particularly since the object is still selected in the viewport (and our autoscoping is very closely tied to selected objects in the viewport). I'll submit a bug regarding this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.