Search - User list
Full Version: over lapping points
Root » Houdini Learning Materials » over lapping points
rossl
hey guys, probably a simple question but stuck any way…you know when you have points over lapping in stead of using the fuse sop to consolidated them is there a way to but them in a group instead?
thanks
pezetko
For example this way with Fuse SOP set to Snap mode and pointwrangle that creates point group based on distance difference between snapped and unsnapped point positions.
rossl
thanks for the example pezetko this helps a lot….
rossl
Hey pezetko is there another way to get the same result without using the point wrangle? Cause I'm not sure exactly how it works
pezetko
Many different ways.

I rebuild same logic with vopsop and group sop.

First I compare distance between original and fused (snapped) points.
If that distance is bigger then threshold I color those points red and put them in the group. Fuse sop is fetched to second input of pointwrangle/vopsop so the original point position is kept intact.
rossl
ya that makes a lot of sence..instead of using code like in the example you provided, just use vops instead thanks again
rossl
oh thanks for another example this is a lot clearer and easier to follow.. you really helped thanks a lot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.