Search - User list
Full Version: How to set the project?
Root » Houdini Lounge » How to set the project?
sascha
Can I anywhere in Houdini 7 set a kind of “current project” or can I define bookmarks in the file explorer? Because every time I open the application I have to navigate to my current working location. That seems odd to me.
EigenAlex
Hi Sascha,

You can set either the JOB environment variable or create a jump.pref in your houdini7.1 directory. With the jump.pref, you can specify a list of project to jump to quickly by typing in the full path per project per line.

Hope that helped.
-A
sascha
You made my day, thanks. Did not find this feature in the docs. A nice addition would be if you could modify the project list inside Houdini like in XSI.
edward
I think most people start houdini from where their hip files exist. Then you don't have such a problem as you just base all your file paths off of $HIP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.