Search - User list
Full Version: VDB voxel size from life
Root » Technical Discussion » VDB voxel size from life
Emily Luke
Hey all
I'm trying to get some volumes to grow in size according to their age, from newborn small to old large. Is there an expression I can type into the voxel size parameter that will “just work”?
I've used particles to build my volumes, so we can work with particles here.
Emily Luke
I've got a mathematical expression that i can apply to my problem, basically fixing it. my only problem is that I can't access the $age variable in the vdb from particle voxel size parm. do you guys know how to transfer local variables so that i can access my particle lifetime?
edward
The size of the voxels must be the same for the *entire* volume.
Emily Luke
edward
The size of the voxels must be the same for the *entire* volume.

so you're saying its impossible?
edward
If you want the size of voxels in the same volume primitive to be different, then yes, that is impossible.
PradeepBarua
You can fake this:
Emily Luke
edward
If you want the size of voxels in the same volume primitive to be different, then yes, that is impossible.

i was able to do it using pscale. not impossible.
edward
I think you're confusing “voxel size” with “number of voxels corresponding to a particle”.
anon_user_37409885
A great way to analysis Vdb is with ‘Vdbvisualizetree’ node. It allows you see the volume structure quantifiably.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.