Search - User list
Full Version: color or worldspace
Root » Houdini Lounge » color or worldspace
jaialai
This may sound kinda basic but I can't figure out how to change the worldspace background color to white while I'm working. It would help me a lot for the work I am doing. IS there a way to do this? Or are we stuck with the “light and dark” configurations? Also, is there any shader that creates a “wren” render look directly in the workspace? Kind of like the “hidden line ghost fill” option in the viewer but giving you more control over the line/fill configurations of separate oibjects within the same viewer?

Thanks!
george
Hello,

In the directory where you installed Houdini there is a directory called houdini/config. In it, you will find two 3DSceneColors files .bw and .wb. I believe these are the two files to determine the colours for Light and Dark schemes. The first entry is BackgroundColor, changing that should change the background colour in your viewer.

Hope that helps,
George.
jaialai
Thanks George, that helps a lot! I can see there are a number of color prefs I could change in there, making the interface much more suited for what I am working on at the time. I tried opening and editing the file, but I wasn't sure what program to save it in, and what file format it should be.

-George
Simon
just save it as 3DSceneColors in plain text over the one that's already there. You might need to change the permissions to do this. That all there is too it, just restart Houdini.
edward
A less invasive way is to copy it to your $HOME/houdini7.0/config directory and changing it there.
jaialai
Thanks so much guys! It took a little figuring out, but it looks and works great.

-George
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.