Search - User list
Full Version: channel editor crashes
Root » Technical Discussion » channel editor crashes
betty
with apprentice master 5.5.208 i seem to have crashes on a regular basis when using the channel editor while in the object state and doing character/bones animation. i've never experienced this problem before in the prior builds, so just wondering if anybody has had the same problem.
betty
MichaelC
Using 5.5.208 on RedHat 7.3 mostly, and I haven't had any major problems animating skeletons with the channel editor open… knock on wood.
JColdrick
I can second that here - we're using Linux RH7.3 with Houdini 5.5.208, and one of our animators has been doing extensive animations with the channel editor open with nary a crash. I'm guessing - but you running Windows? It may be a windows/graphics issue…

Report it to SESI with all your OS/graphics card info, since I haven't noticed any mention of a fix for something like this in the journal…

Cheers,

J.C.
betty
yeah sorry, i'm running windows2000 with a geforce2mx which has the softquadro treatment. but like i said, i've never had this problem with prior builds….strange.
b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.