Search - User list
Full Version: Houdin-Real Flow plugins v0.98.5.2 ready
Root » Houdini Lounge » Houdin-Real Flow plugins v0.98.5.2 ready
xiondebra
Hi everyone,

There's a new version of the Real Flow plugins available at:
http://www.digitalcinemaarts.com/dev/real_flow/download.html [digitalcinemaarts.com]

Here's a few of the changes (I know there's more and will post more detailed info soon, it's late …):

February 17, 2005: v0.98.5.2
SOP_RF_Export:
1) Added support for texture maps in SD files. Set the detail string attribute “sd_obj_tex_fname” to the absolute path to the texture file for RF to read (the texture file name field in the GUI has been removed). UV coordinates are exported to the SD file as well.

SOP_RF_Import:

ROP_RealFlow:
1) Added support for texture maps in SD files. Set the detail string attribute “sd_obj_tex_fname” to the absolute path to the texture file for RF to read (the texture file name field in the GUI has been removed). UV coordinates are exported to the SD file as well.
2) Fixed bug related to deforming geometry disappearing in Real Flow.
3) Better error checking for non triangular polygons.

For a number of reasons I've dropped support for Houdini 6.0, if this is problematic, please contact me and I'll see if I can work something out.

As always. please report any bugs and feature requests.

–Mark
MatrixNAN
Hey Mark,

Real Flow is awesome I know we defantly have it marked if we get any contracts that involve Fluid Dynamics. Are you one of the Developers by chance. Its just a question for the curious.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
xiondebra
Hi Nate,

No, I'm not an employee of Next Limit, just a programmer/musician/artist guy. Real Flow is any interesting product, it's getting better all the time! But … it will be so GREAT to see DOPs in Houdini!! I'm sure they're will still be plenty of use of real Flow with Houdini even with DOPs, but I'm anxious to do CFD sims procedurally, it's hard to think otherwise.

–Mark
MatrixNAN
Well from what I hear the Fluid DOPS will not be in the next release but the release after that. Until that time Real Flow Baby

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.