Search - User list
Full Version: Newbie question about adding nodes in the network pane
Root » Houdini Learning Materials » Newbie question about adding nodes in the network pane
SkeletonCrew
Hey,

Brand new user here running 14.0.201.13 (Apprentice license at the moment), I'm working through the Unity barrel tutorial video & am having trouble with some of the steps shown - when I try to add a new node (e.g. blast, fuse, group etc) directly in the network view I can open the tab menu & search fine but nothing gets added after I click on the node I want.

I managed to muddle through the tutorial eventually but the video made it look much simpler, as nodes could be placed directly after closing the tab menu (with a black outline to show where it would be added) - this part doesn't seem to be working for me. What am I missing?

Thanks
Cyzor
Maybe you just need to press return twice - once to confirm the filtered selection, and again to drop it in place. You can also reveal the tool palette pane (organized in a tree view) to drag nodes into the network from a fixed browsable list.
SkeletonCrew
Ah, that's it, thanks! I was expecting that clicking on the item would work, but pressing return does the job. The video doesn't make that very clear.
tamte
Edit/Preferences/Network Editor…/Place New Tiles Immediately
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.