Search - User list
Full Version: Rigid Body disappearing in Houdini animation
Root » Houdini Learning Materials » Rigid Body disappearing in Houdini animation
Rob Short
Hi there,

I am pretty new to Houdini so forgive me if I am asking soemthing basic. I have just imported an .obj file in Houdni made it a static body I also have a particle emitter also in the scene. The particles are present through all 240 frames however my .obj vanishes after the first frame but is still causing a rigid body effect on the particles throughout the rest of the animation.

Could anyone please advise what I may be missing?

Thanks in advance!
edward
Does your .obj file have a number in it? If you picked it from the file chooser, you may have left import file sequences enabled which would have did something like “file$F4.obj”. Then when it expands at a different frame, it becomes an error because you don't have a file at the other frame. Just make sure your string has no $F4 in it (replace it with the actual number needed).
Rob Short
Thanks for the reply, it doesn't have anything like that in the filename. I did export it from ZBrush as an obj so I wonder if its something in the format. I will open it in Max and save it again just to see.

Cheers!

R
Rob Short
Well I sorted the disappearing geometry. I opened the obj file in Max and then re-exported and now its working ok……strange
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.