Search - User list
Full Version: OSX Python Panel & Python shelf tools
Root » Technical Discussion » OSX Python Panel & Python shelf tools
circusmonkey
Hi All,
In the python shell the command promt has vanished after using the new python panel tools ie default calender example. It now seems completely broken, restarting does nothing to help only deleting my prefs file fixes things

Also getting endless crashes doing any python work in H14 osx . OSX mac book pro gets the spinning wheel …Hard re start.

Rob
Enivob
I too am getting endless crashes on R14 using OSX 10.9.4. I reported the crash and the dev team told me to upgrade my OSX. But I notice you are already running 10.10 and still having problems as well so that advice seems hollow.

The dev team told me it was related to graphic drivers. My R13 works fine and what I notice has been added in R14 is the addition of the parameter sliders to the viewport interface. If I add a torus, which has viewport sliders, and dive inside Houdini will crash. If I add a Platonic, which does not have sliders, and dive inside Houdini works fine.

My python shell window works fine as well. I am not sure where this Calendar script is located but if it has viewport controls that could be the issue for you as well.

I really hope the dev team tracks this one down, I can't reliably use Houdini R14 on my mac as of this posting.
dgirard
I don't see this problem. What build and OS?
circusmonkey
This is all boiling down to the graphics card drivers with OSX ……

boo hoo

Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.