Search - User list
Full Version: How to check if a material is attached to an object?
Root » SI Users » How to check if a material is attached to an object?
Grendizer
This is a very stupid newbie question, but please don't hit on the head

So I have created an object “torus” and i think the material “mantrasurfacd” is applied to it. But is there a visual way of validating the link between this object and its material? Or if not, is there a dialog in which I can find this info?

Thanks

Gz
Constantin X
grendizer
This is a very stupid newbie question, but please don't hit on the head

So I have created an object “torus” and i think the material “mantrasurfacd” is applied to it. But is there a visual way of validating the link between this object and its material? Or if not, is there a dialog in which I can find this info?

Thanks

Gz

There is a way. You don't find it in the tree/list view though as in XSI. Check the attached file. I have one sphere and one torus, each with his own shader. In the Material Palette pane select the shader and then click on ‘Select’ button. This will select all objects that have that particular shader applied to them. Hope this helps you.
C
Grendizer
Thanks for the answer. I would have thought everything would be connected through nodes in Houdini but that does it for now
goldfarb
and check the Material Tab of your object…
tamte
to check that for multiple objects or all objects in your scene you can either use
Data Tree/Object Appearance
or
Parameter Spreadsheet, set Op Mask to * and Parm Mask to shop_materialpath*
Grendizer
Thanks friends, I'm taking a lot of precious notes! 8)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.