Search - User list
Full Version: Welcome!
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » Welcome!
chrism
Welcome to the discussion forum for the Houdini Engine plugin for Unreal Engine 4!

We're in beta with this plugin now and we're keen to see what you'll do with it!
https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3067&Itemid=66 [sidefx.com]
Сергей Катаев
Hello, may I ask question here, because I didn't find any related theme.
The assets for the engine, they can only be made inside Houdini app? What about if I'm a 3ds max user, but I need procedural workflow for my base models, and finally put them to unreal via houdini engine.
Anonymous
Сергей Катаев
What about if I'm a 3ds max user, but I need procedural workflow for my base models, and finally put them to unreal via houdini engine.

o_O

As I understand, you want to export you base models to Houdini, modify them there and send to UE4?

Or

Import Houdini tools into 3dsmax, modify base models, export them to UE4 and still maintain procedural tools?
Сергей Катаев
o_O
As I understand, you want to export you base models to Houdini, modify them there and send to UE4?
Or
Import Houdini tools into 3dsmax, modify base models, export them to UE4 and still maintain procedural tools?

So there are 2 options:
1) Have houdini tools in 3ds max installd
2) Have houdini installed

Second option - clear. Not certain about the first. Are such tools or plugins available for 3ds max? Or it's better to move to houdini for making the assets?
Anonymous
You can create new assets only in Houdini. Houdini Engine can only execute already existing ones.

HEngine for 3dsmax is still not even in Beta, so there is no possibility to test it. You can ask SESI directly, maybe they will enroll you to testing list.
Сергей Катаев
Thanks. Clear now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.