Search - User list
Full Version: Feature request
Root » Houdini Engine for Unity » Feature request
Lune Sparkle
I have been reading the daily release log and i get very excited when i see a unity update, however i have some feature request.

1-i have not been able to expose the paint sop inside unity. So the paint sop in unity would be one feature.
2-manipulating splines point by point is kind of slow, it would be amazing to be able to select a group of points and to be able to scale or rotate the points.
3-support for custom gizmos/controllers, unity has support for that.

Thank you! I love houdini engine and hope i can be able to show what im working on right now but still some time left.

Keep the amazing work!!
gui2one
2-manipulating splines point by point is kind of slow, it would be amazing to be able to select a group of points and to be able to scale or rotate the points.

Actually I think you can edit multiple curvepoints at a time in unity (a houdini curve ) . Which is kind of ironic, because it's still not possible in houdini ( Indie at least ).
Somebody correct me if I am wrong :?:
Lune Sparkle
you can edit multiple points but you can not scale them or rotate, the only supported operation is translate.
gui2one
oh yes , my mistake, you're right, it would be very useful indeed.
damian
Feature requests noted.

Though, I need more clarification on what you mean by “support for custom gizmos/controllers”.

Also, until the paint SOP is supported you can use the Edit SOP. It lets you paint generic attributes in Unity. One catch is that you should pre-triangulate your mesh going in the Edit SOP to avoid the paint operation locking the Edit SOP. This is some we will fix eventually.
Lune Sparkle
hello damian!

custom gizmos/controllers, in houdini when you create a digital asset and open “edit operator type properties” you can add custom handlers, it would be amazing to be able to see them inside unity. or at least the basic ones (translate / rotate).
damian
You can actually see (one!) of these handles in Unity. If you use the xform handle for your asset it will appear in Unity fully functional. But yes, having support for more of these handle types in Unity would be nice. Will get done at some point.

Of course, you can always add support yourself and submit a pull request on Github.

https://github.com/sideeffects/HoudiniEngineForUnity [github.com]
Lune Sparkle
Epic!!! im waiting for the next stable version!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.