Search - User list
Full Version: Maya Engine and PySide
Root » Houdini Engine for Maya » Maya Engine and PySide
anon_user_92751170
Hi,

I'm working on a tool using Houdini Engine and PySide in Maya, and when I launch the tool, I have this error:

# Error: line 1: Error in maya.utils._guiExceptHook:
# File “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2015\Python\lib\site-packages\maya\utils.py”, line 318, in formatGuiException
# exceptionMsg = unicode(exceptionObject.args)
# UnicodeDecodeError: ‘ascii’ codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 24: ordinal not in range(128)
#
# Original exception was:
# Traceback (most recent call last):
# File “<maya console>”, line 5, in <module>
# File “D:\WORK_DEV\_Github\HCom_Maya\HCom\HComMayaUi.py”, line 1, in <module>
# from maya.app.general.mayaMixin import MayaQWidgetDockableMixin
# File “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2015\Python\lib\site-packages\maya\app\general\mayaMixin.py”, line 34, in <module>
# raise ImportError, ‘%s, %s’%(e1,e2)

When I launch maya without Houdini engine loaded, it works fine ( even if I load it afterward ), it seems that there is a problem between dlls used by PySide in Houdini and PySide in Maya, is there a way to force Houdini Engine to not load PySide dlls when it is loaded in Maya ??

Thanks,
G
awong
In 14.0.213 and up, I've made a change to make Houdini Engine not to load Houdini's PySide. If Houdini's PySide is the cause of the problem here, then you're probably using an older version of Houdini. Could you try updating Houdini?
grayOlorin
I can verify that at least in 14.0.319 I can do this without an issue
anon_user_92751170
I'll give a try, thanks !
anon_user_92751170
I was under version 201 Cheers, everything seems good now
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.