Search - User list
Full Version: Voronoi fracture point node
Root » Technical Discussion » Voronoi fracture point node
jakigui
I have been trying to use voronoi fracture points node on a model comes from Maya as fbx format. I tried it with houdini sphere, torus no problem at all. But with this model when I connected it, whole model disappears. Does voronoi fracture node requires any specific requirements from da model?

Thanks!!!
Nima
hello.
you can convert your model into fog volume with isooffset node and then use scatter node to scatter point in interior space of your geo.
this way can be used when we won't to use voronoi fracture point node.
jakigui
Thanks Nimanolan. it works. Do u know how make key frame animated object destruct in specific frame? means i want key frame to follow until frame 5 then I want simulation to carry on after that.
Nima
dive into Dop network and then press tab key on your keyboard then type keyframe after doing that you should see RBD Keyframe Active.
just bring it and then use Active Value to start sim time.
jakigui
I am using packed objects. can this be used with packed objects?
Nima
yes you can use this node for packed objects too.
jakigui
hi nimanolan. it works but there is an issue. it is not blending with key frame animation and simulation. even if i put blending value to 1 it doesnt work. Is there a way to have something like inherit velocity from key frame animation into sim?
Nima
you can use Active Value node too if you don't want to use RBD Auto Keyframe.
RBD Auto Keyframe work fine with keyframes.
can you explain more about your issue?
jakigui
I uploaded the hip file. Here I tried to blend key frame animation with sim but it is not working correctly. any advice?
Nima
i just do a little bit of changed.
see project file for more info.
jakigui
Thanks. But still box is just falling down instead moving forward. if u c in obj context box is moving forward, while it is moving ball collided. is there a way to blend key frame anm box with sim?
Nima
oh i got that.
see this one side effects have great example for this:
jakigui
Thanks a lot . I got 1 more issue with active and passive regions. Is it possible to have a multiple active regions in one fractured object? I want to make my fractured box object active only da sides. I can make 1 active region but when i do another sim doesnt get it.
Nima
see example.
i use SOP Solver to doing this but certainly you have many way to doing that.
jakigui
Thanks a lot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.