Search - User list
Full Version: Cloud rendering issue (Apprentice 14.395/Windows 8.1 64 bit)
Root » Technical Discussion » Cloud rendering issue (Apprentice 14.395/Windows 8.1 64 bit)
Aidan Ryan
Hey all, I am having an issue rendering to Amazon Web Services. I get an error when I click render that reads:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.395/houdini/python2.7libs\hdefereval.py”, line 114, in _processDeferred
result = code(*args, **kwargs)
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.395/houdini/python2.7libs\cloud.py”, line 980, in _onShowFileReferenceDialog
num_cloud_machines, machine_type)
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.395/houdini/python2.7libs\cloud.py”, line 1026, in _onCloseFileReferenceDialog
project_parms, _projectDir(project_dir_variable))
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.395/houdini/python2.7libs\cloud.py”, line 1108, in _packageProject
os.rename(hip_path, temp_hip_path)
WindowsError: The system cannot find the file specified

I have upgraded today from .335 and the issue still persists. I'm certain it is a stupid issue in my file references, but I can't find anything bad in them. I see the reference screen, but i instead of loading the project window in a browser and starting rendering I get this issue. Thanks in advance for any help on fixing this! Also, this problem is persistent across all of my files, could it be that they are housed on a separate (G: ) drive? Thanks!
awong
This is actually a bug in the submission code. I just made a change that should fix the problem. The fix should be in Sunday's build (14.0.440).
Aidan Ryan
Hey, I downloaded .440 today, and I now get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.440/houdini/python2.7libs\hdefereval.py”, line 114, in _processDeferred
result = code(*args, **kwargs)
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.440/houdini/python2.7libs\cloud.py”, line 974, in _onShowFileReferenceDialog
num_cloud_machines, machine_type)
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.440/houdini/python2.7libs\cloud.py”, line 1020, in _onCloseFileReferenceDialog
project_parms, _projectDir(project_dir_variable))
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.440/houdini/python2.7libs\cloud.py”, line 1102, in _packageProject
os.rename(hip_path, temp_hip_path)
WindowsError: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

Is there any way you could tell me what to change in the cloud.py code? I code a little, but am not sure what the issue is here. I would like to be able to render ASAP on the Amazon cloud, as I am in high school and my time is very limited. Thanks!
Aidan Ryan
I'm sure it has to do with line 104 and the definition of _hipFilePath(), as this error is created when windows either can't rename the file (incorrect permissions or it already exists) or the slashes in the file name aren't correct. Could this be due to line 106:

hou.expandString(“$HIP”),

? I'm just trying to help out. Thanks in advance!
Aidan Ryan
I printed out hip_path in line 1101, and it shows that the file path is:

GTruth/TruthRND/Explosion/Explosion_for_Truth.hipnc

I saw here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21115580/python-os-rename-oserror-winerror-123 [stackoverflow.com] that the colon isn't allowed in a windows file name, and this fixes the os.rename error. I am not sure how to implement this yet, but maybe the developers can lend a hand? Thanks again!
Aidan Ryan
I just fixed cloud.py, and the issue was that _hipFileName was returning the file path (a bug with $HIPFILE), and then tacking the file path onto the file path when creating a temporary file. I fixed the issue by separating the file name from the path in line 113. I also added (at awong's suggestion) a fix to some slash bugs in lines 1103 and 1104. I am trying to attach the fixed cloud.py here but the forum says that the extension py is not allowed. As a lowly 16 year old I have no idea how to get it to SideFX. Thanks so much to awong for your help!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.