Search - User list
Full Version: Rbd Driven Pyro issue?
Root » Technical Discussion » Rbd Driven Pyro issue?
yamanash
Hey guys! I am fairly new to Houdini, I recently upgraded to V14 and I seem to be experiencing some difficulties in the seemingly simple task of getting pyro smoke to emit correctly from a simulated Rbd object. The specific issue is that the smoke volume box does not follow the rdb object correctly all the time, even when it does the smoke emission only lasts for brief second and then stops when the source volume for the smoke is still within the bounds of the smoke sim box. This does not seem normal to me and I don't recall ever having this problem with V 13. I will attach an example of what I'm talking about below. I hope someone can spot what I'm doing wrong! :roll:

Thanks in advance!
yamanash
Update: This problem actually seems to persist when using just normal particles as well. I have to manually reset the simulation each time (auto resim flag is checked so I'm not sure why this is necessary?) and then the particles are only emitted for a split second and then stop. Is there some new default setting in H14 that I am unaware of? I can't possible see why sidefx would intentionally do this. Also there is a warning that keeps coming up on the source nodes for both the pyro sims and the regular particle sims, “SOP solver cooked in immediate mode. Cached results incorrect.” I am not sure where to change the cache mode of this solver, but I strongly suspect is is playing a part in this issue I'm having.

Is anyone else out there having similar issues with H14?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.