Search - User list
Full Version: Offset crowd uv's procedurally
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » Offset crowd uv's procedurally
vleermeneer
Hi guys,

I would like to offset my uv's for my crowd procedurally, is there a efficient way to do this?

My uv's are set up stacked on top of eachother (see attachment), so I just need to offset the uv's using uv transform. Is this ever possible to randomize per crowd procedurally? Or should I just create four agents for something like this?

I currently have 21 models with 4 textures per file, adjusting the uv's would give me 84 different characters using just 21 maps instead of 84 maps, thats why I stacked them..
Enivob
The preferred method is via stylesheets for materials. This way you don't have one large map and you don't have to continually skew the UV coordinates.

Check out the Go Procedural Vimeo page. There is a video on material style sheets for crowd agents.
https://vimeo.com/142466794 [vimeo.com]
vleermeneer
Oh damn!

I wish I knew this earlier because I allready created all my geometry, my current setup has four agents instead now of just one, so now I have 84 in total instead of 21. I will have to try out the material stylesheet for my next crowds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.