Search - User list
Full Version: Please create a thread for Houdini Engine for 3ds Max!
Root » Houdini Engine API » Please create a thread for Houdini Engine for 3ds Max!
Strob
Houdini Engine for 3ds max is now available and working! I can't believe how well it works!

Here is a swiss cheese plugin for max that I created in Houdini and loaded in max via the Houdini Engine. I had a hard time finding the binaries, it's kind of hidden in the github website. Not very user friendly but I got it to work.

So finally Houdini Engine for max is free for Houdini indie licensee? You should make some announcement about that!

davemcd
Looks good Strob

I'd like to see a thread for HE 4 Max too. I started to play with it today and although it looks promising there's a whole bunch of things which are tricky to figure out about on your own. I've already been stumbling over the initial problems of input geometry and preservation of pivot points (so far it doesnt AFAIK) and getting inputs to work at object level instead of SOP level (creates a node input picker but doesnt pipe it through to the Operator path)

I get that its not an offical plug-in and massive props to Hideki for getting it going, but having somewhere official-ish to discuss it would be good.

Cheers,

Dave
damian
You asked. Here it is: https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewforum&f=63 [sidefx.com]

Please note that this does not mean SideFX officially supports the 3ds Max plugin in any capacity. This is just a place to talk, not to answer support or feature requests.

For support and source code, see the owner's Github page: https://github.com/K240/HoudiniEngineFor3dsMax [github.com]
davemcd
Thanks for that Damian.
Trist
Hi,

I am interested in looking at the above mentioned dedicated thread for Houdini engine for Max but when I click on the link I get a “403 Forbidden” error.

What can I do to reach the thread?

Cheers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.