Search - User list
Full Version: get those particles in that hole!!
Root » Houdini Lounge » get those particles in that hole!!
Cyrus
ok, heres my problem, i have a grid with a hole in it, and im trying to get some particles from a source and into the hole. The source has a force op and a collision op ammended to it, i have also tried to add an attactor op on the end with a metaball place inside of the hole as the attractor, but i cant seem to find any way to direct the particles to their destination. They bounce along the surface and once they reach the hole most bounce over and a few bounce in by chance.

i have also tried to apply limits to this group of particles which does help direct the particles to the hole but again most just bounce around and do not go in.

does anyone have any suggestion, or good tutorials? ive lookes at what i can find butit doesnt really apply.

Thanksfor reading!!
stevenong
Hi there,

Have you look at the attractorring.hip file found in the learningData/sample_files/archive directory?

Cheers!
steven
Cyrus
I didnt have it on my machine but i got the learn cd from a friend, great sucess!

thanks stevenong!!
stevenong
Hi,

You're always welcome!

Cheers!
steven
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.