Search - User list
Full Version: C++ Wrangle: The Last Frontier In Custom Tool Development From Within Houdini
Root » Work in Progress » C++ Wrangle: The Last Frontier In Custom Tool Development From Within Houdini
animatrix_
The most powerful wrangle operator due to the sheer fire power of the HDK. Performance increase can vary from a few times to thousands of times depending on the scenario.

bonsak
Cool!

-b
mestela
No assembler wrangle? Lame.

symek
I'm also disappointed with the lack of assembler

Is it a wrapper of Python SOP With inlineccp or something else?
animatrix_
Assembler is overrated

symek
I'm also disappointed with the lack of assembler

Is it a wrapper of Python SOP With inlineccp or something else?

It's a wrapper around inlinecpp.

I hope SESI adds this operator to H16, possibly ship it with the required libraries.
pezetko
Does have this Cpp Wrangle and OpenCl Wrangle a RFE ID? Would you mind share it there?
animatrix_
Yes OpenCL Wrangle RFE ID #75612, C++ Wrangle RFE ID #76080.

Please submit these to SESI so they would be added to H16. A lot of people contacted me about these operators and said that they are interested to learn these languages after seeing the performance gains in my videos.
sorian
I think tools like this and your OpenCL Wrangle SOP that harness and empower Houdini dramatically for TD works, do not need so much community requests for being addressed. SESI should be enough wise for addressing these as Houdini new features, which they are

and congratulations @pusat.
you have done some great jobs.
animatrix_
Thanks sorian, these tools would definitely make Houdini more future proof in my opinion, thanks to the incredible talent in our community, to inspire and innovate beyond what Houdini is capable of.

I hope people RFE these, as a few people won't make much of a bang to convince SESI to consider implementing these.
wangguo
Can you share it there?
animatrix_
wangguo
Can you share it there?

Where? I will release it soon. I released OpenCL Wrangle SOP yesterday.
animatrix_
You can download the operator here:
C++ Wrangle [dropbox.com]

I added Clip Geometry code in the video as a preset so you can experiment with it.
wangguo
thanks, pusat
Nima
Therefore with this Wrangle can we create our own plugin in Houdini without using of Visual Studio for example?
Is this like Python API in Maya and using that in its script editor?
And finally can we access to all Houdini's API data?
best regards.
animatrix_
You should be able to do so. There are some limitations in inlinecpp i.e. you can't change pixel colors of a COP directly without creating an array of all pixel values, modify these, and then set them back. For geometry, you are directly modifying it though so no overhead AFAIK.

It's not like Maya's Python API, which is a wrapper. You can access all of HDK.
Nicolas Heluani
mestela
No assembler wrangle? Lame.

Lol
blackpixel
pusat
You should be able to do so. There are some limitations in inlinecpp i.e. you can't change pixel colors of a COP directly without creating an array of all pixel values, modify these, and then set them back. For geometry, you are directly modifying it though so no overhead AFAIK.

I thought inlinecpp requires you to have a working dev setup for the HDK. So on windows you would need to have Visual Studio set up properly before you can use it.
animatrix_
blackpixel
pusat

I thought inlinecpp requires you to have a working dev setup for the HDK. So on windows you would need to have Visual Studio set up properly before you can use it.

Yo do. I thought he meant developing C++ tools without actually using the VS IDE, not avoid installing it.
grayOlorin
I think I may have RFE'd this one too. It would indeed be useful. Great work with this!
animatrix_
Thanks, the more RFEs the better chances SESI will give this kind of powerful SOPs to TDs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.