Search - User list
Full Version: Houdini Engine - Uproperty - Use Emissive for static lighting
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » Houdini Engine - Uproperty - Use Emissive for static lighting
MagnusL3D
Well my quest to get nice lighting in Unreal with Houdini Engine generate geo continues, but all doors seem to be blocked so far.

But todays question, is there anyway that the instanced mesh “Uproperty” can be setup so it is editable so I can turn on the “Use Emissive for static lighting”. Providing screenshot to clarify my question.
MagnusL3D
Hmm…so further testings.. as far as I can figure it out..both instanced and “regular” generated mesh from Houdini can recive light from emissive materials, as long as those emissve materials are applied to a mesh that is not generated by Houdini. If however your emissve material is on a Houdini Engine asset it wont and cant be injected to the lightmass calculations, since Houdini Assets have no Lightmass settings including the “Use Emissive for Static Lighting”.
Not sure if this is by design or a oversight, or if it is comming like the point lights are.

MagnusL3D
And if I convert the asset to a blueprint I can set each instance to be static manually, and then I have access to the Lightmass “Use Emissive for Static Lighting” but that would involve baking down several assets and then replace them by hand..still..
damian
Can you submit an RFE for this to support@sidefx.com for better tracking? Thanks!
MagnusL3D
Actually filed it with support already but not sure if bug or rfe, i just “reported” it and Silvina said it would be looked into. Says support ticket #36896 here and for some reason also #76445 under Silvin's name in the mail.

damian
Just got it. Thanks!
MagnusL3D
damian
Just got it. Thanks!

Great, I cant decide in my head what would be better, point lights or emissive.. but I am hoping for both
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.