Search - User list
Full Version: New videos...great!!...but some problems
Root » Houdini Lounge » New videos...great!!...but some problems
goldfarb
first Thanks very much for the great new video lessons!!
I've watched the Character ones and I'm starting on the compositing ones…but just like last time I'm having a few problems…
some of the videos freeze at a certain point and only the audio continues.
the videos I've found so far that do this are:

(Real Video versions)
character :
Heel_toe at about 0:30
Advanced Arm at about 3:50

if anyone else has trouble with these videos I'd like to know…might just be me…
and if I find any others I'll add to the list.

All the other Real Player files are fine….
but the rollercoaster files on the new page are spitting tons of errors and opening to an empty scene…
the original links to the rollercoaster files ( http://www.vislab.usyd.edu.au/sidefx/cd2_5.5.208/learningData/training_rollercoaster/ [vislab.usyd.edu.au] ) are fine.
betty
i had the same problem, with the same character tutorials. i was using the real player files.
Carlos
Try DiVX, they seem fine so far

–Carlos
goldfarb
yep the DivX are fine….I've just had a few problems with DivX in the past so I've tried to stay away from them in general….
EigenAlex
are there any divx equiv. codecs for Linux? quicktime for linux? Anything for linux?? I really liked Linux and don't feel like to get back to Windows any more if I can help it…
ben simons
TheUsualAlex
are there any divx equiv. codecs for Linux? quicktime for linux? Anything for linux?? I really liked Linux and don't feel like to get back to Windows any more if I can help it…

Yep. The Linux “mplayer” should play them ok.
I just tried it, and they play ok.

ben.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.