Search - User list
Full Version: Example for using Landscape input?
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » Example for using Landscape input?
DarkPixel
I tried to place a spline on the terrain in Unreal but I can't seem to make the Landscape Input work

It's possible to get a basic HDAs that do that?

Thanks!
ttvdsfx
Hello. I don't think landscape input supports landscape curves. It will only input landscape vertices / polys and some other information (like material). You'd have to create a second input and use plugin curves as a work around.
DarkPixel
Or it's possible to get an example of a digital asset that place a box on the terrain? I can't find a way to interact with the Landscape Input in my digital asset.
lkruel
Here you go!

Couple of things to note, make sure you have Transform Change Triggers Cook checked to have the asset auto update.

And I also had to check Export Full Landscape Geometry, but I'm not sure if it's really necessary.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Luiz
DarkPixel
lkruel
Here you go!

Couple of things to note, make sure you have Transform Change Triggers Cook checked to have the asset auto update.

And I also had to check Export Full Landscape Geometry, but I'm not sure if it's really necessary.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Luiz

Thanks! Exactly what I needed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.