Search - User list
Full Version: Houdini Gems
Root » Houdini Lounge » Houdini Gems
Joe
I'm not sure if this is “well-known,” but I just ran across this Houdini blog [entia.typepad.com] by Jay Steele, an old friend of Side Effects. It's called Houdini Gems [entia.typepad.com], and it looks really promising.
deecue
nice find, thanks for the link Joe..
thekenny
neat
VisualCortexLab
403 : fobidden ?
Joe
sum][one
403 : fobidden ?
It looks as though TypePad were having some trouble, but it's up now.
Siavash Tehrani
Very cool. 8)
DavePoon
It is very cool!
Next time I gotta make one on the web :wink:
jds71
Whoa! I can't believe you guys found this (I didn't publicize it at all - I was a little embarassed because I'm so rusty, and I'm only doing this in my spare time).

Seeing this post appear here has motivated me though, I'll try to put up some interesting things. I have a feeling the people on this forum are far beyond my skill level, but maybe I can motivate some newcomers and help get them over the hump.

The Joystick CHOP I set up is actually pretty cool, and I was really impressed with the small animation I produced (impressed because I'm not a talented animator). I'll try to post a small video of my muppet in action to give you a taste. I'm feeling all “Jim Henson”

If anybody has any tidbits they want to put up on this blog, please feel free to contact me (either PM me in these forums, or post a response in the blog comments). This Houdini Gems blog really is all about providing a cool resource for people to learn and use Houdini.

http://entia.typepad.com/houdinigems [entia.typepad.com]

-Jay
MG
jds71
Whoa! I can't believe you guys found this (I didn't publicize it at all - I was a little embarassed because I'm so rusty, and I'm only doing this in my spare time).
Rusty? Not at all!

The Joystick CHOP I set up is actually pretty cool, and I was really impressed with the small animation I produced (impressed because I'm not a talented animator). I'll try to post a small video of my muppet in action to give you a taste. I'm feeling all “Jim Henson”
The Joystick CHOP is rather impressive and interesting - indeed, which immediately caught my eye - as you explained how you did it, with SDL and all. Too bad my laptop doesn't have a gameport, as far as I know (I have to check to be sure when I'm back home).

If anybody has any tidbits they want to put up on this blog, please feel free to contact me (either PM me in these forums, or post a response in the blog comments).
I will and keep up the great work!
Dryrainstudios
Looks like i'm a bit late on the cudos for Houdini gems [entia.typepad.com], but great site. Any updates or news?

Ed
jds71
Unfortunately I haven't had much time to dedicate to Gems or the Joystick CHOP.

However, I'll provide the source and/or binaries for anybody interested. I'll see if I can find some time to put the stuff online on the gems site.
Dryrainstudios
that would be cool.
I've got friends that do live pupetry. It might be interesting to have a interective cyber pal too !! :idea:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.