Search - User list
Full Version: DigitalAsset Handles doesn't match Point Position
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » DigitalAsset Handles doesn't match Point Position
antoniocappiello_fx
Hello there!
I was making some tests with digital assets. I scattered a sphere in few points and for each point I'd like to have an handle that I can move inside UE (like having an handlefor each vertex of a mesh). So then I created the handles into “Properties - Handles” and I assigned the x,y,z position in the tx,ty,tz field.

The issue I get is that the handles are all instantiated at the origin of the digital asset, so when I move them, they can move each vertex but their position doesn't match the pivot of the vertex, so it cumulates some offset for each move I do.

Do you know how to fix it?

Thank you!
chrisgreb
Do your handles work properly in Houdini? If you attach your HDA I could take a look.
dpernuit
Hi,

What version of Houdini / Unreal plug-in are you using?
We've fixed a bug recently that caused all the Handles to be created at the origin of the asset…
antoniocappiello_fx
dpernuit
Hi,

What version of Houdini / Unreal plug-in are you using?
We've fixed a bug recently that caused all the Handles to be created at the origin of the asset…

That's it!
Thank you guys!
skyphyr
Should this bug be fixed in 16.0.557? I'm trying to use a standard xform Handle for a bone, and it winds up with the handle at the origin (compared with original position).
dpernuit
Hi,
Yes, just checked, this should be fixed in 16.0.557 ..

If you still have issues with handle reverting to the origin, can you send me your hda so I can have a look ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.