Search - User list
Full Version: HOW or RFE: Hiding keyframes
Root » Technical Discussion » HOW or RFE: Hiding keyframes
pbowmar
Hello again,
Is there a way to hide a range of keyframes in Jive? Here's the scenario I am doing previs/blocking so I have multiple “shots” inside a single .hip file. As a result, I set a keyframe for the last frame of a shot (say, frame 99) then another on the first frame of the next shot (say, frame 100). The two keys side by side make it very very hard to select just the keys for the shot that starts at 100. If I could hide all keys before frame 100, and after frame 199 (let's say) that would be perfect. Currently, I have to (very tediously) set the visible range in Jive to what I want, but that's really really slow.

Cheers,
Peter B
wolfwood
Maybe add a option to Hide Keys in a Time Group?
pbowmar
Sure, but that might be too tedious too, though I guess if it's scriptable, not too bad.

Actually, all I really need is an Hscript command “chhide” or something like that, then I could write a script that took care of the rest…

Cheers,

Peter b
pbowmar
Actually, it gets worse.

If you have a key at 99, 100 then 199, 200 and you set the frame range in Jive to 100-199, you can see 100-199, which is great.

However, if you box-select those keys, it also selects 99 and 200 even though you can't see them!! That's really quite terrible.

Cheers,

Peter B
wolfwood
Better yet. You can disable/enable keys in the Dopesheet. So how about extending that.

-First add a command that allows you to disable/enable keys from hscript

-In the channel editor, if a key is disabled then either hide it, or ghost it (barely visible), or have an option between the two.
pbowmar
Forgot about disabling, but that doesn't help me ( unless your suggestions are implemented.

However, found a bug! If you select some keyframes using the little yellow box in the Dopesheet, and then disable, it disables whatever you selected PLUS one extra frame to the right of the box!

Cheers,

Peter B
wolfwood
pbowmar
Forgot about disabling, but that doesn't help me

Misunderstood me

There isn't anyway to do what you want in Houdini at the moment. I'm just trying to think of different ways to implement the RFE.
pbowmar
Sigh. And of course, the “chaneditor -h and/or -i” commands are fubar. It will sometimes change the range, but the actual slider below doesn't update, or changes to a 1 frame range, somewhat randomly as far as I can tell.
goldfarb
I'm not sure it would be a good idea to /hide/ keys…how about setting their selectability…so you can see them but can't select/change them…
andrewc
I've raised bugs for the issues raised in this thread. Thanks for the feedback,

Andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.