Search - User list
Full Version: VEX Gallery Checker board
Root » Houdini Lounge » VEX Gallery Checker board
Simon
This shader doesn't appear to work. Windows H8.0.383
And you get this warning when you try to use it.

Unable to access file gBWCheck.rat
Unable to load texture ‘gBWCheck.rat’
Simon
VEX Gallery gingham checks is also busted.

Actually it seems that boxes and stripes are also broken in VOPs so something rather fundamental is wrong.
edward
I'm not sure what VEX Gallery Checkerboard is supposed to do but I don't see any references to gBWCheck.rat in the VEX code?

As for the gingham shader, you mean VEX Gingham Checks (without the Gallery), right? The VEX Gingham Checks shader seems to work fine for me. Ditto for VEX Gallery Stripes. I'm not sure what you mean by “boxes”.

I'm on Windows XP SP2.
Simon
See attached gingham (yes without the Gallery - oops)- in H7 you could control the width of the stripes in H8 you can't

Checker pattern just doesn't have a checker pattern , it just comes out a solid colour.
Simon
Here's what I get with using the Boxes VOP in H7 and H8, again the H7 ones works as expected but the H8 one is blank.
edward
Hmm … you're right … no idea what's going on.
Simon
Yup I don't see any reference to any rat files in the code either that's why I want to know why is this warning coming up. I've attached my hip file - it's just a default grid with the shader applied nothing more nothing less.
mark
Simon
See attached gingham (yes without the Gallery - oops)- in H7 you could control the width of the stripes in H8 you can't

Checker pattern just doesn't have a checker pattern , it just comes out a solid colour.

There was a bug in 8.0.383 which was fixed in 389 (or round abouts there) which caused this bad behaviour. Please try a more recent release of 8.
Simon
Ah, got me again with one of your already fixed bugs eh!
Simon
Downloaded the latest version H8.0.405 most problems are fixed but my original one remains. VEX Gallery Checker board still renders only as a single color and still pops up the warnings about missing rat file.
:cry:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.