Search - User list
Full Version: Student Work - 'Short Lived'
Root » Houdini Lounge » Student Work - 'Short Lived'
JohnnyBGoode
Hi all,

Here is the final project that myself (John Galloway) and Mark Wainwright,('spaceboyzero' on these forums) undertook together to complete our Masters at Bournemouth.

It is available direct to download from this webpage: http://media.bournemouth.ac.uk/studentshowcase/studentwork.html [media.bournemouth.ac.uk]
The project is called Short Lived.

Alternatively u can download it by just clicking here:

Download .mov - 21mb [mediastream.bournemouth.ac.uk]

The project was made using Houdini and Shake, compositing CG into live action.

(Saying that, if there had been a few more functions in Cops…ie paint, we would have done the whole thing in Houdini no questions)

We would be grateful for any feedback from anyone.

Sorry its such a huge file to download

Cheers!

J

oh and for this particular project Mark took on 3D side, where as i took on the compositing/camerawork
BodaZoffa
Wow…!!!

That was great! (I see your a Valiant fan, also)

What camera did you use for the filming? The lighting was perfect with the composite.

Boda
pbowmar
I saw this at the NCCA show in London a month or so ago, and it was the standout piece for sure! There were other well-done films, but this one had me wondering what was rendered and what was real, a very good sign )

Cheers

Peter B
JColdrick
Finaly got a chance to screen this - I agree, very well done. Peter's nailed the thing that always impresses me - I had to go back and figure out what was rendered and what wasn't based on what would have been practical, not based on look!

Well done!

Cheers,

J.C.
JohnnyBGoode
wow - thanks a lot - quite humbled and dont know what to say - i guess we achieved what we set out to!

thanks a lot guys.

Boda - the camera was Panasoinc SDX-900

Cheers

J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.