Search - User list
Full Version: merge node and key framed animation
Root » Houdini Lounge » merge node and key framed animation
Vormav
Hey. Noobish question, I'm sure, but this is a seemingly simple task I ran into.

Initially, I had setup one primitive object within a geometry SOP, and then connected it to a transform node. I then keyframed the settings of this transform node.
Later on, I decided I wanted another piece of geometry to follow the same transform node. So, attempting to make things simple, I connected both my previous primitive object and my new one to a merge node, and connected the output of the merge node into my keyframed transform node.
When I play back the animation at this point, I can clearly see the transform values on my transform node being animated, but the transformation is only being applied to my original object.

Am I missing something about the merge node here? Can you not translate the entire output of a merge node with a single transform node?
I'm sure there are probably other nodes that I should be using for simple linking like this, but I don't really understand why this doesn't work. Merge has a single output, so you would think that the transform node would move everything that's connected to the merge node… :?
old_school
Make sure that the Group field for the Transform SOP is empty.

Chances are you have a primitive selection string in here that is only picking up the first input's primitives.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.