Search - User list
Full Version: Quick way to check VEX/VOP atributes without binding?
Root » SI Users » Quick way to check VEX/VOP atributes without binding?
probiner
A newat feature of ICE is to inspect things in the viewport in context. But it always annoyed me a little I had to set attributes to check them.

I there a quick way to do that here in without having to “bind export” in a VOP or to i@atribute in VEX?
I notice that the visualizers work with say “P”,“N”,“Cd” but not, for example, “ptnum”, “primnum”, “numpt”, “numprim”. Funny enough the former are in green and the latter in blue in the VOPs
http://i.imgur.com/U6hfBAH.png [i.imgur.com]

What's the quickest way to check these? I know I have display options to have text markers for “ptnum”, “primnum” and “vtxnum”, but not the others.

If I bind “numpt” to a parameter either in VOP or VEX, then the visualizer marker works if I call the parameter set.

Thanks
BabaJ
I use printf function often, which will pop up a little console window.

You could do something like:

printf("My Check of ptnum is   %g\n\", @ptnum);
jsmack
The quickest way to see number of points or primitives, etc is to middle mouse over a node, or hit the ‘i’ on the node hover ring, to open the info window. This will show detailed information about the number and types of geometry present, as well as attributes and groups. This info is a vital part of debugging a vex workflow. I'm not sure of the usefulness of seeing total number of points in the viewport, but if you really want it you could send in an RFE.

Note, the blue/green etc color coding of vops is the data type. Blue for integers, teal for floats, green for vectors.
probiner
BabaJ
I use printf function often, which will pop up a little console window.

You could do something like:

printf("My Check of ptnum is   %g\n\", @ptnum);
Where should this go? I've tried it on a Attribute Wrangler.
http://i.imgur.com/CKe7TRa.png [i.imgur.com]

This is not just for “numpt”, but to grasp how I can quickly visualize things in context.
Thank you both.
BabaJ
Ooops…sry about that..typo

You have it in the right place but it should be:

printf("My Check of ptnum is   %g\n", @ptnum);
probiner
Thanks, this is interesting to know.

BabaJ
Ooops…sry about that..typo

Ehehe, see? Nodes can be very verbose but reduce typos mishaps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.