Search - User list
Full Version: Houdini HDA light map issues and Scaling.
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » Houdini HDA light map issues and Scaling.
Noboru_Garcia
I am experiencing an issue where the same asset gives me different results depending on what format I export to.

1) FBX gives me a scale that is 1000X larger than HDA. I am using SOP level transformations not Object level.

2) FBX seems to work properly with light maps and HDA generates mis aligned shadows and even stranger Indirect illumination refuses to work all together.

I would prefer to work with HDA. Note I am exporting my UV's with uv and uv2 at the vertex level. Is there something I am missing?
chrisgreb
It would be helpful if you could post your HDA and screenshots of the problem. Or if you prefer to submit a bug report with the same information for us to take a look.
Noboru_Garcia
These two screen shots are from the same object exported to Unreal from Houdini. The only difference is one is saved as HDA and the other is FBX.

In Unreal the light and camera are the same all I did was swap out the room object and rebuild. The object itself is a hallowed out cube. I am working with lighting as a focus on the project and the first issue I run into is attenuation/indirect lighting issues. Thanks.
chrisgreb
Did you change your HDA actor type in UE4 to be mobility ‘Static’? Static lighting won't work with mobile actors.
Noboru_Garcia
I suppose I did not even think of that.
Noboru_Garcia
chrisgreb
Did you change your HDA actor type in UE4 to be mobility ‘Static’? Static lighting won't work with mobile actors.

I did a test and Received the same results after changing the actor to Static. The strange thing is I get different results the only difference between the ROOM object is one is exported HDA and the other is FBX.
dpernuit
Hi,

Have you checked the normals you get from the HDA asset ?
You can try setting the recalculate normals and recalculate tangents options in Project Settings / Houdini Engine to always and see if it helps…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.