Search - User list
Full Version: Houdini engine plugin on UE4 vs Xbox
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » Houdini engine plugin on UE4 vs Xbox
MightyKaziu
Any1 tried to cook a map on xbox with houdini digital asset? Are there suppose to be another plugin for it? Or just dont do and always cook to mesh?
DASD
Currently I don't think there is an official way to use Houdini Engine at runtime. It's currently just for baking things out to standard Unreal assets during development.
chrisgreb
The runtime version of the plugin *should* build for XBox target. There was a recent fix to the .uplugin to allow the plugin to be packaged with a standalone build.

DASD is correct, there is no runtime functionality as such, the custom component will be basically acting like a simple scenecomponent to hold the generated meshes etc in the scene.
MightyKaziu
I just checked latest github version of the Houdini plugin for the UnrealEngine 4 and when the engine is trying to load map on Xbob One with Houdinig asset the engine is crashing, so please tell me where exactly is this fix for the plugin that allow run HoudiniEngineRuntime on Xbox One. Is there?

{
“Name” : “HoudiniEngineRuntime”,
“Type” : “Runtime”,
“WhitelistPlatforms” :
},
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.