Search - User list
Full Version: How to group by filter expression in Houdini 16 using "$CR>".
Root » Houdini Lounge » How to group by filter expression in Houdini 16 using "$CR>".
chrissweeny
Hi everyone,

I'm following a Houdini 15 tutorial and i'm using Houdini 16. Seeings as the group node has been changed in H16 i'm having trouble getting the same results. The tutorial uses a paint node to highlight a section of geometry and then uses H15's group node to select the painted geo. It then makes that selection into points and enters the expression “$CR>.2” into the filter expression box.
Does anyone know how to replicate this in H16 with the new group nodes? I've included a screen shot of the tutorial for reference. Any help is really appreciated.

Chris
chrissweeny
Got an answer from another forum. Figured I'd leave the solution here for anyone else needing the work around.

I needed to paint the geometry.
Then add a Group node and a GroupExpression node. Set both to points.
Then use the VEXpression “@Cd.r > .2”.

Got me the results I needed!
stascrash
Hey, Thanks a lot!
matthias_k
https://youtu.be/VxcC7qqCZUo?t=1h23m0s [youtu.be]

Jeff is explaining ecxactly what's going on with Expressions in Group/Point Nodes :-)

In default group you have to use:
@Cd.x>0.2
x not r AND no whitespaces…

Uuups, forgotten to say: see text below video, there is a link with the tutorial files.
vusta
huh ? @Cd.r or @Cd.x both work…
Dav_Rod
Hello,

How can I include TWO conditions into the expresion?

i.e: @P.y>2 and @P.z<-9?

Thanks in advance.
BabaJ
In a group expression node,

(@P.y > 2) && (@P.z < -9)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.